- Drilling boreholes & wells
- Rain Water Harvesting
- Water pumps
- Ecological Sanitation
- Solar Water Disinfection
- Water Quality Analysis
- Geophysical Survey
- Ventilated Pit Latrine
- Spring Protection
- Dams Rehabilitation
- Rock Catchments
- Gravity Supply Systems
- Construction of bathrooms and washing slabs
KWAHO/ADA - WatSan in Maseno/Kisumu DistrictLocation
Maseno and Kombewa DivisionsKey Components
Water Supply, Sanitation, Hygiene Education, Capacity Building, Income Generating ActivitiesBrief description of project goal, objectives and expected results
Maseno Water and Sanitation Project is situated in Kisumu district.
The project has been on for the last 12 years and has reached over 500,000 people. They benefited from water supply through drilled community wells, provision of water tanks to institutions, EcoSan toilets and VIP latrines he success of the project.
If operation, maintenance, management, sustainability are weak, great risks for losing facilities will appear.
- there is training on relevant skills (disaster preparedness)
- establishment of savings
- Initiation of income generating activities to prepare and protect and enable adaptation of risks.
As the project fulfils and realises the above goals the following results are expected at the end of the program period:
- Majority of the target communities have been supplied with clean, safe, reliable and accessible water.
- The community has the capacity (relevant skills) to manage, operate, maintain, sustain and replicate facilities
- Communities have improved standards in health and sanitation
- Communities income has improved
VISIT US ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR MORE
KENYA WATER FOR HEALTH ORGANIZATION
Off Dunga Road
National Water Conservation & Pipeline Corporation Compound, Industrial Area
P.O. BOX 61470,
Tel: +254 (0)20 8042215
Fax: +254 (0)20 558760