Key objectives of RBA in Wash Kenya Project
- Increase sustainable access to and use of safe water and sanitation services and improved hygiene practices.
- Civil society actors are strengthened to jointly and individually better respond to the needs of the communities and influence decision making on WASH service delivery.
Current ProjectsRBA in Wash Kenya Project
About the project
The core project focus is on strengthening the capacities of Duty bearers and the Rights Holders to effectively engage in decision making processes and general management of water and sanitation related services.
The project is designed along Human Rights Based Approach.
- The local WASH budget has increased
- The local departments are capacitated on issues needed to fulfill a leading and coordinative role in the WASH sector
- Budget tracking is institutionalized by the end of 2015
- Increased awareness within the government institutions has been established regarding the practical implication of the right to water and sanitation (RTWS) and inclusion in WASH policy and program design by the end of 2015
- There is significant increase in the number of campaigns on hygiene and sanitation
- Community groups are successful in influencing policies, budget allocations, designs of WASH infrastructure
- Community groups exist with a recognizable voice/representation of women and marginalized groups
OUR VISIONTransforming lives by facilitating sustainable access to safe water and sanitation facilities and services.
VISIT US ON SOCIAL MEDIA FOR MORE
KENYA WATER FOR HEALTH ORGANIZATION
Off Dunga Road
National Water Conservation & Pipeline Corporation Compound, Industrial Area
P.O. BOX 61470,
Tel: +254 (0)20 8042215
Fax: +254 (0)20 558760